Invite Kristyn to speak at your company, organization or event. Book Kristyn to facilitate an innovative arts workshop tailored to your classroom or community group. Request a manuscript consultation or critique.
Credits: Image courtesy of Jo-Anne McArthur
Kristyn is a dynamic, motivating force for positive change. She presents topics including
- Youth in Crisis: the role of teachers, librarians and other adult allies
- Supporting LGBTT youth
- Write your own life, tell your own stories
- Sex, drugs and rock ‘n roll: writing for young adults
- Youth and mental health
Past clients include: The YWCA, York University Faculty of Education, McGill University Faculty of Education, CANSCAIP, York University Gender, Sexuality and Women’s Studies, TD Canadian Children’s Book Week, London Public Library, Toronto Public Library and the Toronto French School.
Kristyn facilitates innovative workshops including
- Write Like You Mean it – write about urgent issues with verve and honesty
- Character Building – develop authentic, believable characters to drive your story
- Advanced Character Building – using movement and sound to further develop character
- The Impossible Universe – create a solid new world/s for your speculative fiction
- Write Your Life Series – personal narrative meets literary craft
- Courting Revision – a guide from brainstorming to polished drafts
Past clients include: Toronto District School Board, Toronto Public Library, The Academy of the Impossible, Parkdale Street Writers, Pink Ink, Upper Grand District School Board, Lindsay Collegiate and Vocational Institute, Versoix Collège du Léman, The 519 Church Street Community Centre.
Manuscript Evaluation and Mentorship
Kristyn is an experienced, insightful and diligent reader. She supports other writers by critiquing their work, evaluating manuscripts, and editing material, and has been doing so for almost fifteen years. Please contact her for queries and rates.